Dear Lyle and MHC Board members,
Planet Hockey is excited to bring a 2018 Planet Hockey Summer Skills Camp to Mandan this summer. Following is a general program proposal and outline:
What Players Receive
Quality Camp – Planet Hockey’s Certified International Instructional Staff will conduct a 5-Day TOTAL Player Development Summer Camp. Includes Planet Hockey’s Improvement Guarantee and our 24 year reputation as global leaders in Hockey Skills Training. Planet Hockey will supply Promotional posters, camp flyer, brochures and a listing on our website. Includes full service online registration through planethockey.com.
Planet Hockey Mandan – Elite Training to cover:
• Power Skating - Stride Mechanics, Efficiency, Power, Acceleration, Agility, Lateral Mobility, Control & Speed. Forward Stride, backward stride, cross-unders, tight turns, agility, starts, stops and transitions. Skating Confidence for all positions.
• Stickhandling - Puck control, creative moves, reach, soft hands, puck protection.
• Passing - Passing & receiving passes, drop & 1-touch passing, cycling, passing lanes, player support.
• Shooting & Scoring – Wrist shot, backhand shot, snap shot, slap shot, dekes, rebounds, one-timers, play around the net and offensive strategies.
• Team Play - On ice awareness with & without the puck, time & space, player support.
• Body Contact - Balance, positioning, awareness, puck protection, 1 on 1 battles, safety.
• Training Structure – European ProgressivePHASE (small station) Training and Small Games training.
• Dryland Training - Each player will receive our hockey specific off ice circuit training – proven off ice exercises to develop hockey specific strength, conditioning, endurance, stamina and confidence.
• Video/Lectures – Daily - cover nutrition, game preparation, goal-setting, winning training habits, hockey opportunities, body contact, mental edge & other hockey skills.
• Syllabus Partnership – we will work with MHC Coaches/Board to organize the instructional topics most needed/wanted by each age/skill group.
• Groups – we want your input. We can organize groups to accommodate House and/or Travel players at any age level including adults and high school sessions.
• Individual Player Evaluation – each player will receive a comprehensive post camp, electronic player evaluation, video and supportive video clips to target post-camp development.
Special Camp Features
All Planet Hockey Summer Camps include: Bungie Cords, Resistance training, Free Planet Hockey jersey, Personalized electronic player profile and individual player video and supporting skills videos, Final Day Game, Skills Testing, Speed Radar Guns, European Skills Training Syllabus, Daily Video Lectures, Dryland Training, Certified International Planet Hockey Instructors and Guaranteed Improvement & Fun!
Insurance - Planet Hockey carries full Camp Insurance including excess medical of $2,000,000.
Low Camp Tuition – Camp tuition is dictated by ice cost and the level of host Association partnership. MHC players will benefit from a discount generated by our partnership with MHC.
Local MHC Involvement – MHC is to provide Planet Hockey with (1) “Point of Contact” to have continued dialog on recruitment and ongoing promotional support (electronic and ‘snail’ mailings, newsletters, listing on MHC website, etc.) ensuring maximum camp participation. Additional support at each specific age division is encouraged. Planet Hockey will provide 2018 USA Camp brochures, posters and a listing on our website with online registration. Note: Planet Hockey will provide MHC with a special discounted tuition. Registrations must be received through our website. The Discount Code will be supplied to MHC, immediately upon agreed “partnership” and will be valid until the camp fills. Our system will track all registrants, will automatically apply the discount and will send a confirmation letter via email. We also ask your association to help find our Staff “host” families to house us during camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
Camp Add-ons (optional)
• Coaching Clinic available. No charge at 64+ players.
• Mini-mite clinic
• Adult Clinic
We look forward to confirming details and to working with you to bring a top-quality Planet Hockey Skills Camp to Mandan this summer.
Planet Hockey, Inc.
509 Zircon Way
Superior, CO 80027
www.planethockey.com Time Activity 8:30am Check-in 9:00-10:45 ON ICE #1 - Skills Training 10:45-11:15 ON ICE #2 - Small Games 11:45-12:15 Lunch 12:15-12:45 Video Lecture & Focus Session 12:45-1:15 Dryland Training 1:30pm Check-out 2:00-3:00pm * STP On Ice Program (M-Th)
GROUP A Schedule – 2008 & Younger Time Activity 8:45am Check-in 9:00-9:30 Dryland Training 9:45-10:30 Video Lecture & Focus Session 10:30-11:00 Lunch 11:30-1:15 ON ICE #1 - Skills Training 1:15-1:45 ON ICE #2 - Small Games 2:00pm Check-out 2:00-3:00pm * STP On Ice Program (M-Th)
GROUP B Schedule – 2007 & Older