Helping on-ice can be fun and rewarding. The more on-ice help during a practice to help with the 6 stations, the better experience for the players and the coaches. It is not required to be there full-time for our non-competitive youth, but participation when possible is asked by MHC. All fees charged for coaching registration and coaching clinic will be refunded from the club.
1. Register with USA Hockey as a coach.
b. Completed Yearly.
2. Register for Coaching Clinic Level 1 in Bismarck for Nov 29th 12-8. These are very laid back and informal. You must attend.
b. You only need a new level after moving on from Mites and/or every 2 years.
3. Register and complete the MITE or appropriate age level module you are helping with. (including any girls hockey module as an add on) by Dec. 31st.
b. Online modules only need to be completed based on what level you are helping with. (Mites/Squirts/PW/Bantams)
4. Complete SafeSport Online Module
b. Completed every two years. Again, include any training involving girl players.
5. Complete Background Check (quick and easy)
b. Complete Yearly.
c. Use your NGIN website password you used to sign up your player for MHC.
d. NGIN passwords and usernames are universal for all NGIN websites such as Mandan Hockey and Mandan Soccer.
Once the USA Hockey registration, Background Check, and Safesport are complete, you can start coming on the ice! Helmets are required.